Bettercream Frosting?

Baking By CandyLady Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 7:08pm by CandyLady

CandyLady Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 6

I have used some of Melvira's bettercream recipes for cupcake fillings? Customer wants whipped frosting - not sweet for graduation cake. I love the pudding added to bettercream because it gives it a better flavor but turns it a bit yellow...cake will be chocolate with cookies & cream filling and I will be adding an edible image so do you think I could use the bettercream? I need it by Friday of this week. thanks.

5 replies
KHalstead Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 6

You don't HAVE to add pudding to it! I whip the Rich's bettercreme and use as is for a frosting all the time (that's what it was intended for)

However, I will note that everytime I make choc. cake w/ cookies n' cream filling I mix the bettercreme w/ cheesecake pudding (leaves it just barely an off white) and use that as the frosting.......it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!

BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, the vanilla pudding will make the BetterCreme a bit yellow.

The cheesecake pudding make it off white--and is to die for.

For the whitest option, I think the white chocolate pudding--if you can find it-- works best and you can barely make out the chocolate flavor at all.

Rae

CandyLady Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:46am
post #4 of 6

but can I use an edible image on the Bettercream? I have always only applied it to buttercream. Thanks for your help.

mrsdizney Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 6

I have done an edible image on top of the better cream with no issues.

CandyLady Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 6

thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%