Need Scratch Marble Cake Recipe Please!

Baking By bfranzen Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 8:29pm by bfranzen

bfranzen Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:40am
post #1 of 5

I need your best Marble cake recipe, please! I've tried adding cocoa to my white scratch recipe and it didn't change the taste much, just made the cake firmer than I would like it to be.

Please share your best recipe--I have a wedding this weekend and that is the cake the bride wants for the head table!

4 replies
sherrycanary62 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 5

make a scratch white and a scratch chocolate...add equal amounts to the cake pan, swirl it with a knife...thats how my mama did it

leily Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrycanary62

make a scratch white and a scratch chocolate...add equal amounts to the cake pan, swirl it with a knife...thats how my mama did it

That's all I do too. I know my white and chocolate recipes are good, so i just swirl together in the pan and bake up.

Motorhead Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 5

i had a request last month for a marble cake, i usually bake all my cakes from scratch, i have an excellent choc guiness cake and a lemon cake/white cake. but...i could not get a really good marble cake. i baked 6 different cakes, different recepies....still was not satisfied in the end. i found that there was a different texture (more firm) to the white with added cocoa, that did not go well with the white side. i could not find a boxed mix anywhere. good luck and let me know what you decide upon! thumbs_up.gif

bfranzen Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 5

The problem is that my chocolate cake recipe has a cup of boiling water in it, so it is very thin and runny when I pour it into the pan. My white cake is a much thicker consistency and I think they wouldn't go well together.

I was really hoping for someone's "tried and true" marble cake recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%