Need Help With A Father's Day Cake.

Decorating By Shalott Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 7:31pm by julz7756

Shalott Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shalott Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:25am
post #1 of 4

My sister is the person who got me into cake decorating in the first place. Now next week we plan to get together to make our dad a Father's Day cake. The problem is, I personally am rather stymied when it comes to ideas. Here's three things I can think of that my father enjoys doing:

- Gardening (I'm worried that using this hobby may make the cake look too feminine)
- Running (He's not super passionate about this, but it is something he does enjoy doing. He just went on a fund-raising run and, on an injured ankle, made his best time yet.)
- Health and Development (I know this sounds vague, but it's what he did for 17 years as a missionary in India. He educated people on living healthily, ran clinics in slums, and helped do things like build clean latrines and non-smoking stoves in villages.)

By profession my dad's a pharmacist, so I guess that's another interest.

We can't do a "Best Father in the World" cake since we're both married with children. Help!

3 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:10am
post #2 of 4

Why can't you do the best father one, you are talking about your father not your husbands. He IS the best father in the world to YOU, because you are his children. Your husbands are the best fathers in the world to your children, but not to you as a "child" To your children he is the grandfather, not the father. I would definately make my dad, if he were still alive. a best father one, because he WAS!! To our daughter, he would be the best Opa, not DAD

Shalott Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shalott Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:36am
post #3 of 4

In some ways I'd love to a do a Best Father cake, but I know that my mum would be upset, feeling that it is insulting to our husbands icon_sad.gif However, you did give me an idea, maybe I could make the cake a World's Greatest Opa cake.

julz7756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julz7756 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 4

I think gardening would be a good choice. If your worried about it looking feminine, it doesnt have to contain flowers. You could make the cake or decorations to look like a greenhouse, vegetables or gardening tools

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%