Attach Premade Gumpaste Flowers To Fondant Cake

Decorating By lncarter82 Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 10:19pm by Liz23

lncarter82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lncarter82 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all,

I recently purchased extra large sized premade Gumpaste roses and have no idea how to attach them to a four tiered fondant wedding cake. I heard icing will work but the flowers are very hard (as I have been storing them for over a month), and I am nervous that some of the flowers may fall from the cake with icing as the only thing holding them there.

Please help me!!! The cake is due this Sunday (in 6 days) and I don't know how I will do it! Also, I am trying to attach between 8-10 of the roses.

Thanks!

4 replies
Majie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Majie Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 5

Royal icing dires very hard so you wont have any problems with it. Just ensure the roses are secured properly with the royal icing.

sabriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabriana Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 5

I always use Royal Icing to attach my flowers - make my own, but they are made of gumpaste... if they are really heavy and are placed precariously on the edge of the cake (ie... not alot of room for support) you may want to leave those until you have delivered the cake...

Good luck!

dave01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dave01 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 5

I have the same question for the same situation.
What I'm thinking of doing is starting from the bottom, and work my way up so the lower flowers will support the ones above, then attach varioius rose bulbs. I was even thinking of making a fondant ribbon running the height of the cake and attaching the flowers to the ribbon, but my cake is due Saturday, and i can take an extra day or two to decide.

Liz23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz23 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 5

Besides royal icing I've also used melted chocolate. Put your chocolate chips in a disposable icing bag, zap in the microwave and use as you would royal icing. Wilton has the chocolate discs in lots of colors so it's pretty easy to get the color you want. It hardens up even faster than the royal icing and holds really well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%