Can Anyone Tell Me What Kind Of Flowers These Are???

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 9:33pm by cylstrial

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 12

I have to make this cake in a couple months and was curious if anyone knew what kind of flowers these were??

Not sure if they're a real flower or a "fantasy flower" any help would be appreciated. I thought they kinda looked like dogwoods, but then they don't!
LL

11 replies
Mark-Mexicano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mark-Mexicano Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 12

I think they are white and black anemones

therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 12

I know the name.. but can't remember it.. on the tip of my tongue.. If you go on to CAKE BOSS website, Buddy used this flower on a previous episode for a photo shoot on wedding cakes... He mentions this flower. hope that helps.. icon_rolleyes.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 12

mark-mexicana is correct. there is a tutorial under forums . The title is g/p flowers , something like that. It might be elisa strausse. Anyway you might know that already.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 12

I did similar flowers on the cake in my avatar. I used the tutorial on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD6HzkEt6k4&feature=PlayList&p=1A8874505E6F490A&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1

My only comment is she says to let the petals dry a bit and I let mine dry too long so they weren't workable to get the shape just right.

Super easy flower to do. Good luck.

KHalstead Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 12

does anyone know of a tutorial that is NOT on youtube? I can't see youtube videos!

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 12:07am
post #7 of 12

i think mark and therese are both correct....anemones....which buddy used on an episode of cake boss on 3 different cakes done for bridal magazine.

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 12:16am
post #8 of 12

These are definitely Anemones which I plan on making tomorrow this is the tutorial I found looks super easy.

http://confetticakes.blogspot.com/search?q=anemone

KHalstead Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 12:01pm
post #9 of 12

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!1

You guys have been an enormous help!

I'd rather just order the stinkin things but I need them for 2 cakes this summer, one wants dk. purple centers (colors are dk/lt purple) and the other wants them blushed w/ orange and dk. purple centers (colors are dk purple and neon orange) lol no chance of ordering those with purple centers! lol

Thank you guys again!! It's funny because last summer I asked what kind of flowers was on a particular cake I had to make and everyone answered anemone as well.........why is it that I don't recognize these flowers??? Guess I better figure them out, they seem to be getting very popular!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 12

KHalstead - they aren't that hard to make at all!

Elisa Strauss has a tutorial in her first book on how to make them! I even found it on the internet once. Let me see if I can find it.

cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:32pm
post #11 of 12

Ok - I found it. Here's the link to her blog. Just in case this link doesn't take you to the right place. Go to the posts in 2009 and it will be about 3/4 of the way down the page.

http://confetticakes.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=21

cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:33pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbuttercream

These are definitely Anemones which I plan on making tomorrow this is the tutorial I found looks super easy.

http://confetticakes.blogspot.com/search?q=anemone

LOL! Apparently, I'm an idiot - because I didn't read everyone else's responses. And you had already posted it.

Oh well. Stamp the word DUMB on my forehead! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%