cutelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutelove Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 8

how do a pin prick a piture

7 replies
therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 8

I have never done it, I think you cut out your image and place it lightly on your cake and poke holes around the image, take it off and then trace the pin hole lines with icing... youtube should have video's for you to see.. hope that helps. therese

cutelove Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 8

thank you

eme926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eme926 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 8

That won't work....trust me.

Actually, if you print out the picture or text that you would like, then lay the paper on a piece of styrofoam and prick it with either a pin or I use a pushpin/thumbtack thing.

Then after your cake crusts, lie the paper on it and very lightly rub the design with your finger or the flat side of a fondant smoother. It also helps to see the image after the imprint is done to turn off your overhead and light and have another light source casting a shadow of sorts on the cake.

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by therese379

I have never done it, I think you cut out your image and place it lightly on your cake and poke holes around the image, take it off and then trace the pin hole lines with icing... youtube should have video's for you to see.. hope that helps. therese

I've successfully done it just like this, pin pricking into fondant. It helps to pin your picture on to the cake to hold it in the right spot, just being sure that wherever you pin it, the holes will also be covered with icing.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 8

i read somewhere (sry, i forget where) that you pin prick your image on styrofoam, then place that on your cake...lightly dust with powdered sugar or cocoa. carefully remove. now you'll have dots for you to follow when piping.

eme926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eme926 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 8

I have done it all the other ways and trust me. The cocoa trick, not so easy and it can be a little messy.

The easiest way is to just rub the image onto the crusted cake..and then connect the dots. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be hooked. Works great for transferring images to the side of cakes.

cutelove Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 8

thanks ccers I will try the styrofoam

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%