A Touch Of "south" Cake

Decorating By cakesbym3 Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 12:43am by Karen421

cakesbym3 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 10

I need some ideas. I have something in mind..it could be with southern flowers or buildings. Helppppppp! Your ideas are welcome.

9 replies
Marianna46 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 10

Magnolias, dogwood and peach blossoms come to mind. Is that any help?

cakesbym3 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 10

Yes.. Thank You

Marianna46 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 10

Ooh, ooh, ooh and crepe myrtle and jasmine and gardenias and Southern Comfort and mint juleps and...and...and... Can you tell I'm a homesick Southern girl?

joaaaann Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 10

Well, when I think of the southern favorites...I think of tractors, fishing, boots, horses, apple pie, grilling, beer, barns, wide open plains, river's and red bandanna's..Oh, and as far as flowers go, roses are huge here in the south...many persimmon trees ( also known as possumwood), black berry trees seem to be everywhere ..many shrubs...as far as buildings, well, I'm in Oklahoma and I don't know of what historical or tourist attraction would be of interest really. Other than the sports arena's. Hmm. Not sure what else to add right now. HTH icon_smile.gif

mandylhyatt Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 10

I think of southern sweet tea!! Where in the south are we talk'n? Here in GA peach farms are big...so I would have to say peach trees icon_smile.gif Also I think of people sitting on the porch waving as you pass by...the old southern hospitality.

horskkj Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:03am
post #7 of 10

Don't forget the Pineapple! The icon of "Southern Hospitality".

Since I don't have any idea what direction your cake is going, here are some other Southern things.

Nascar (although that has kinda taken over all over the US).
Anything fried
Phrases like Y'all, or All Y'all if talking to a big group, LOL
Southern Belle hoop dresses
Civil War Battlefields/monuments
Pecans
Moonshine
Oranges
Gators
There are several well known lighthouses. I am only familiar with the ones in N. Carolina

au_decorator_76 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:20am
post #8 of 10

I think South and I think home. icon_smile.gif Alabama gal here!
Dogwoods are huge here, everywhere.
BBQ
farmland
farm animals
There are several lighthouses in GA and AL as well that are well known.
Tractors
Trucks
FOOTBALL! LOL.

sberryp Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:30am
post #9 of 10

TN girl here...
chess pie
cornbread
front porches
nice people
rivers and lakes
trees
grass

Karen421 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:43am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaaaann

Well, when I think of the southern favorites...I think of tractors, fishing, boots, horses, apple pie, grilling, beer, barns, wide open plains, river's and red bandanna's..Oh, and as far as flowers go, roses are huge here in the south...many persimmon trees ( also known as possumwood), black berry trees seem to be everywhere ..many shrubs...as far as buildings, well, I'm in Oklahoma and I don't know of what historical or tourist attraction would be of interest really. Other than the sports arena's. Hmm. Not sure what else to add right now. HTH icon_smile.gif

Trail of Tears

Pecan pie
Sweet Tea
Fried Chicken

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%