Got My First Job To Make A Cake!!!

Decorating By crkrjax_76 Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 1:53pm by KHalstead

crkrjax_76 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 2

And I'm sooo excited and nervous!! I wasn't expecting to have a complete stranger ask me to make a cake for a graduation party! I made one for a friend of mine's daughter and one of her friends has fallen in love with it!! So, her mom asked me to make one for her party!! It's a Twilight themed cake, and I had NO idea what to charge for it!! I told her $40.00. I might be shooting myself in the foot....what does everyone think? This is a picture of what I made and she wants the exact same cake.

1 reply
KHalstead Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 2

definitely shooting yourself in the foot..........did it even cost you less than $40 to make?????

I'm guessing that's an 8" round with a 1 layer 6" round on top? Styrofoam fruit? Plastic chess pieces? Gumpaste flowers?

I would charge $90 for the 2 tiered cake ($3.00/serv. 8"=24serv. 6" (single layer)=6 servings...so 30 servings total)

Then I would charge at least $5.00 each for the gumpaste flowers, and then another $5.00 for the toppers (if they're storebought) if you hand molded the toppers then add another $20.00

So my total w/ foam apple/plastic chess pieces gumpaste flowers and tiered cake would be $100.00

with hand molded apple/chess pieces $120.00

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%