Commercial Convection Oven--Brand? Phase? Help!

Business By LisaMaeCakes Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 10:06pm by cakesondemand

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 7

To those of you who have businesses: I have been using a kitchen at a church with a regular household oven. It looks like I can finally get my own place. In my planning for a oven...what are your thoughts on commercial convection ovens, what brand, and do you have a single phase, three phase? It's so confusing! HELP PLEASE

Thanks
Lisa icon_smile.gif

6 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:46am
post #2 of 7

im looking too. Either at the Deluxe CR 2-3, or CR 2-4, takes 3 or 4 full sheet cakes and you can get it in single or triple phase wiring, what ever your building is wired for. Or the Moffat E32MS which also takes 4 full sheet cakes, but takes up the least amount of room in the kitchen. I haven't decided yet, would really like the deluxe but am leaning towards the moffat because i am really tight on space. if you have loads of room you can also check out a blodgett or a lang oven. Hopefully someone that actually has one can share the opinion too. ill be listening!!

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 7

I use (and Love!) the Baxter convection oven. I highly recommend it!!!

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:20pm
post #4 of 7

DELUXE !!!!! Mine is single phase & fit through a regular door. It bakes SO evenly and next to my Hobart mixer, they are the best purchases I ever made. Mine is about 10 years old, never had a problem.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 7

Cfao,
do yuu have the cr3 or 4 or another model? I so want one of these but i would have to get rid of my bakers rack and use their stand and then one other rolling cart as i have no more free space.

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, my son's graduation party was this weekend, along with 2 weddings thrown in for good measure. I have the 4, absolutely love this oven! The other ones we looked at were the Blogett & Baker's Pride, we just really prefered everything about this product & the company was great to work with.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 7

Some ovens you can change from a single to double mine does so if I move it can be changed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%