Lost Web Link To The Perfect Cupcake Pan

Baking By regymusic Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 2:55am by tesso

regymusic Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 11:47am
post #1 of 18

Just last week, I found the perfect cupcake pan online, then forgot where I found it. It had either 12 or 24 cavities. Then the part I loved was that it had this contraption that you placed over the pan that had this cork shaped plug that was suspended from a wire frame over each cupcake.

The result was that when you baked the cupcakes, each cupcake ended up with a hole in the center that once you removed the "cork wire frame thing-a-majig". You could then just fill each cupcake with your favorite filling. No boring holes or wasted batter. I hope my description makes sense. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

We'll bottom line is I lost it, can anyone help me find it?

17 replies
q2wheels Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 18

Hi,

I saw this on TV just recently. Is this what you are looking for:

http://www.cakecutter.com/cupcakegenius.html

HTH,

Toni Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by regymusic

Just last week, I found the perfect cupcake pan online, then forgot where I found it. It had either 12 or 24 cavities. Then the part I loved was that it had this contraption that you placed over the pan that had this cork shaped plug that was suspended from a wire frame over each cupcake.

The result was that when you baked the cupcakes, each cupcake ended up with a hole in the center that once you removed the "cork wire frame thing-a-majig". You could then just fill each cupcake with your favorite filling. No boring holes or wasted batter. I hope my description makes sense. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

We'll bottom line is I lost it, can anyone help me find it?

regymusic Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 18

Yes Toni Ann, this is it!! I was so feeling at a loss, because I had big plans for this cupcake contraption and was feeling depressed at the thought of having to bore holes in 300 cupcakes.

Thank you so much!!

q2wheels Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 18

You are so welcome!! Good luck with those cuppies icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by regymusic

Yes Toni Ann, this is it!! I was so feeling at a loss, because I had big plans for this cupcake contraption and was feeling depressed at the thought of having to bore holes in 300 cupcakes.

Thank you so much!!

thymecs Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 18

Mmmmm, interesting... My DD sells Avon, and they have these in their current catalogue. Mind you, I am in Canada, and they may not be available in the US. They sell for $20. cdn. Might be worth asking your local Avon rep...
Pat

q2wheels Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 18

THAT'S where I saw it, in an Avon brochure, not on TV. Here it is, thought it is not yet available on the website:

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=39019

Toni Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymecs

Mmmmm, interesting... My DD sells Avon, and they have these in their current catalogue. Mind you, I am in Canada, and they may not be available in the US. They sell for $20. cdn. Might be worth asking your local Avon rep...
Pat

BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:14am
post #7 of 18

This contraption was discussed about 6 weeks ago.

The concensus seemed to be that it would be more trouble than it's worth, having to clean and assemble over and over again.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-677152-cupcakes.html

Rae

regymusic Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:54am
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

The concensus seemed to be that it would be more trouble than it's worth, having to clean and assemble over and over again.

Rae

All right already, after reviewing this link I've decided that the cupcake genius may NOT be the genius way to go. Apparently, I'm about to save myself $15.00+ by getting the Bismark tube instead. Thanks for the feedback.

lilithcharm Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:39pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Rae

thank you, read it ... it was very helpful thumbs_up.gif

emrldsky Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:56pm
post #10 of 18

My only suggestion when using the bismark tip, if you're doing a red filling, do more than two punctures, or just one. I tried two once and it looked like I was trying for a vampire theme before the icing was added. icon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 7:14pm
post #11 of 18

I'm always surprised when people go to all the trouble to core out cupcakes, etc. I just use a #10 or #12 for gel fillings and make one single hole. If I'm using like the 1M tip to do a swirl on top, and am filling with the same I'm icing with (Bettercreme) I just use the same tip, poke it down into the cupcakes and fill, continuing as I pull it out and swirl the top. I get tons of filling in them, have never had trouble with it. I mean, it's like a 1:1 cake to filling ratio! I have pix if anyone wants to see. And I never have wasted cake or anything like that.

JenniCakesAZ Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 10:10pm
post #12 of 18

Mel I would love to see pics!!

Melvira Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:47am
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennileen

Mel I would love to see pics!!

Absolutely hon!! Now this cupcake was baked in one of those nut cups which I don't generally use unless requested. I just filled and iced with the same tip. I believe it was a 20? Largish star tip. Most of the time though I just use 1M, the one that makes the cupcakes look kind of like a rose. Just fill and ice with the same tip. Never a problem. And only ONE hole down the middle... I don't make multiple holes. If you need more filling that this, you just need a bowl and a spoon, cuz you can't get more IN the cupcake. Hahaha.
LL

tesso Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:51am
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I'm always surprised when people go to all the trouble to core out cupcakes, etc. I just use a #10 or #12 for gel fillings and make one single hole. If I'm using like the 1M tip to do a swirl on top, and am filling with the same I'm icing with (Bettercreme) I just use the same tip, poke it down into the cupcakes and fill, continuing as I pull it out and swirl the top. I get tons of filling in them, have never had trouble with it. I mean, it's like a 1:1 cake to filling ratio! I have pix if anyone wants to see. And I never have wasted cake or anything like that.

this why you are my hero!!

Melvira Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:05am
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

this why you are my hero!!

Don't make me love you! Hehehehe.

Kitagrl Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:06am
post #16 of 18

I just filled 125 cupcakes with a smallish round tip....I of course had to check a few to make sure they had enough filling, and YEP they had quite a bit in there! Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter mousse. Mmm.

No holes poked in advance, just shoved the tip down in there and squeezed.

Melvira Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:51am
post #17 of 18

YUMMMMM! That is one of the best flavor combos on the planet!!

tesso Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:55am
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I just filled 125 cupcakes with a smallish round tip....I of course had to check a few to make sure they had enough filling, and YEP they had quite a bit in there! Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter mousse. Mmm.

No holes poked in advance, just shoved the tip down in there and squeezed.

umm.. i can test a few of those for you !! you know.. if you need another set of taste buds... we dont want to over work yours... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%