Pajama Party Cake.

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 4:35am by cakemom42

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 3:56am
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to do a birthday cake for my daughter's good friend. The trouble is I am feeling a bit uninspired plus I am a bit out of practice, to top it all last year when I offered a piece of cake to the birthday girl's ultra fit triathalon competing dad, he declined and looked at me like I was trying to feed him toxic waste. So in short, I don't want to break my back over this cake.

The theme is pajama party for a bunch of little girls. I have seen a lot of cakes here on CC and online with lots of little heads sticking out from under the blanket on a bed, but I don't want to be spending a huge amount of time sculpting little heads, it is not my strong suit. Any ideas for something simple yet striking??

2 replies
ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:12am
post #2 of 3

Well, I'm no expert at all, but I did throw my daughter a pajama party birthday and the cake is under my photos. I didn't bother with all the little heads either. It was my very first ever fondant cake, so don't judge me!! I had planned to do a robe and bunny slippers, but ran out of time. I don't know if that helps at all, but it is a very simple design - all the girls LOVED it.

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:35am
post #3 of 3

A cupcake cake is great for the occassion as it's fun & different. I love this cake for kids parties as it's requires less work & is fun for me to do :0)
You don't have to decorate the whole cake, nor do you have to do each individual cupcake either :0) Ice the top add a simple design & you are done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%