Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Baking By adonisthegreek1 Updated 17 May 2014 , 11:20pm by dgirl

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:00pm
post #31 of 37

I make ice cream cupcakes but I don't bake them in the cone. Most of my cakes are carved which leaves me with a lot of cake scraps that I freeze. I take the scraps mix with some buttercream, caramel, or fruit filling and fill the cones with mix. Then I decorate. To transport cones I foil cover cardboard boxes. I then cut Xs in the top of box, push the X thru and then place the cones in holes.

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:49pm
post #32 of 37

Funny, there was a small thread about this yesterday too. To transport, I just asked at Baskin Robbins for a few cone holders and they handed me a big stack and didn't charge me for them. They held 4 cones and fit into my cupcake boxes that i already have in stock - a happy coincidence. If anyone out there makes alot of these....
http://commerce.idmi.net/ecommerce/catalog_detail.asp?CID=126&PI=8259

Megz8706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Megz8706 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:09am
post #33 of 37

I made these the last week of June.For some reason the cones turned soft after about half an hour.Someone at work sugested using melted chocolate chips and putting it around the edges and the bottom.Will this work?

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:47am
post #34 of 37

kimbordeaux- you have a great idea there! who among us doesn't have tons of cake scraps! you could pack those cones FULL!!! I am cheerfully gonna steal that idea right now as I have scraps from 3 sheet cakes on my counter as we speak! YEAH!!

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 12:53am
post #35 of 37

the kupcake konz pans work great for this! I know it's an additional investment, but it's worth it! here's a pic of some mini ones I did for the 4th of July. they were a big hit!
LL

taytor123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taytor123 Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 9:16pm
post #36 of 37

I used one of those seed planters like you start seeds for your garden to transport mine.They hold about 20 cakes, they are flexible so you have to be careful but are better than nothing and cheep.

dgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dgirl Posted 17 May 2014 , 11:20pm
post #37 of 37

Where can I buy one of these?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%