Sps And Leaning Cake

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 3:24am by Pebbles1727

Pebbles1727 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:38am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,
is it possible for the cake done with SPS to lean? I did a 4 tier cake a few weeks ago for a wedding, and just saw the pictures of the cake done by the photographer, the angle he chose makes the cake look like it's leaning. However, I was at the wedding, and it did not look like anything was wrong with it, plus my hubby took a whole bunch of pictures of it throughout the night, as I was worried about it (outside wedding) and nothing looked wrong. How is that possible? Is it possible for the cake that uses SPS to appear leaning? I just did not think it was even possible...
Thanks, P

2 replies
emrldsky Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 3:03am
post #2 of 3

Only reason I can see it leaning is if the legs weren't cut evenly, pushed into the plate all the way, or if the legs weren't pushed into the cake all the way before delivery.

Think about it this way...if all those are false, and the cake was level, there should be NO reason for it to start leaning based on how the legs and plate work.

Pebbles1727 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 3

That's what I thought:
1. Legs are not cut
2. Pushed in all the way
3. Were level at set up, put a level on plates before setting the next tier on
4. Got all my plates and legs back, no damage to any

That's why I'm confused why it looks leaning on this photographer's pics. It is not on mine, and I did not see it leaning at the venue. Strange, just strange... and I was feeling so confident about this one.... oh well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%