Cricut Cake Success!!

Decorating By multilayered Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 2:14pm by catlharper

multilayered Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 6

I received my Circut cake a couple of weeks ago and I was hesitant to try it ( in case nothing worked lol) But I has SOME success I need to work on the super intricate designs but I made these todayicon_smile.gif
LL

5 replies
catlharper Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:50am
post #2 of 6

Yup...love mine too!

TERESSAK Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 7:32am
post #3 of 6

What works best for you ?

Karen421 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 11:56am
post #4 of 6

Those look good! Glad you had success, I love mine also!!! I am going to try cutting cookies today -hope it works.

multilayered Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:32pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERESSAK

What works best for you ?

I still have not come close to getting the really intricate designs. But these were fondant that was left out in a ball for most of the day.I rolled it to about 1/8" added some shortening to the mat added may piece then rolled it on the mat some more to adhere it well. I also trimmed the sides I cut the fondant a little short about 1/8" away from the side and top, I noticed when I left it all the way to edge it would get caught up in the machine way more often. I also did it in high speed and medium pressure. HTH

catlharper Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 6

What works best for me is to roll the fondant/tylose mix to as thin as a dime and let it dry for 12 hours then cut. Also, don't try to cut the designs too small. The machine recommends 3 inches or larger for the intricate designs and I myself have found that one and a quarter is as small as I can go on letters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%