R2D2 Cake

Decorating By Breezebay Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 11:51pm by msulli10

Breezebay Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have any directions or good tutorial for a R2D2 cake (Star Wars ) ? I came across a site the other day that had great step by step photos, but cant find it now.
Also sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

4 replies
tmac670 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 5

I made an R2D2 cake for my son about 12 years ago-- I baked 3 cakes in the 3 inch pans and leveled them and then I baked one cake at 350 in the 3 inch pan so it would have a high crown. I carved it so it would be really round. I iced it with butter cream and piped all the accents. I used cardboard for the 'legs' and iced them too. It came out pretty good-- but if only I knew then what I know now!

SMcDonald Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 5

I made one (sorry, have not had a chance to upload the photo yet) where I baked two 6 inch cakes and a half of the Wilton ball pan for a perfect circle on the top. For the base I used 3 small pieces of styrofoam that looked like the wheels and put the 6 inch cake circle on that for the cakes. For the legs I used RKT and covered them all in fondant.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

mykidsarekillingme Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 5

Google Mark Joseph R2D2 cake and it will take you to his blog and the BEST EVER step by step instructions! Good luck!

msulli10 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 5

Here ya go. I used this when I made mine. Just one word of advice - put a dowel down the middle. I didn't and it fell over during transit -ooops!

Quote by @%username% on %date%