Help With A Snow White Themed Cake...

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 4:35am by mandylhyatt

CiNoRi Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 7

Hi guys!

I have been asked to create a Snow White themed birthday cake for a 3 year old Birthday Party in September.... icon_confused.gif

I could really use some input on what to do for the design. The cake needs to feed 60, and able to travel well <The client is picking it up and driving it home (10 hour drive). I have warned them fairly on the risks when transporting the cake, and even though they are still up for it, I want to do what i can to help the cake make the trip.

The thing is i'm worried of butchering the classic Disney icon, I have been trying to come up with a way to make this an awesome representation <that even a 3 year old would love> but is there a way to not do the key Icons (characters/faces primarily worry me)

I have not seen the movie in years so that's my plan this week to sit down and maybe get some ideas, but i was hoping to hear what you have to say!
I'm open to any & all suggestions!

I appreciate it!
thanks!

6 replies
lizabu Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:53am
post #2 of 7

You could do a slab cake with the words Snow White & the seven dwarfs in the middle using the same font style as the movie. You can have birds and and apple and a mirror. Maybe pick axes and gem stones.

eperales0411 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:14am
post #3 of 7

I think what I would do is a 2 tier cake with a 2D Snow White topper made out of fondant/gumpaste, and decorate the cake with lots of flowers, trees, grass, and butterflies. Then I would make cupcakes to look like apples and place them around the cake. I have seen some apple cupcakes here on CC. I hope this helps, Good Luck!!!!

CiNoRi Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:18am
post #4 of 7

Thanks guys!

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Thanks again!

Shalott Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:37am
post #5 of 7

Wow, that's a LONG trip home! Could you give them the accents to put on afterward? Do you know whether they're expecting a tiered cake or a slab cake?

You could try to incorporate the colours of Snow White's dress and maybe include the red hair ribbon she wears. If you make a slab cake you could do a frozen buttercream transfer. Another idea would be to go out and buy a bob-black haired Barbie and then do the traditional doll cake with some cupcakes (apples, as a pp suggested) on the side.

CiNoRi Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 11:54am
post #6 of 7

They have seen my previous work posted online..of which my cakes are generally stacked or 3d in some way..and adding on details when they get there could work. I'm not too sure on doing a slab cake or cupcakes ...easier on me yeah...but I think they want the wow factor. icon_wink.gif

mandylhyatt Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:35am
post #7 of 7

Some of the things that come to mind are the Snow White Book, the mirror, the little cottage in the forest, little forest animals (deer,rabbit,owl,birds) the glass case she is in when the prince kisses her (of all the cakes I have seen, I have never seen her in the glass case). You can also buy or make your own mold for the faces and body to make it less stressful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%