Need Help!!! Camo Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By KelsiJewel Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 3:29am by chellescountrycakes

KelsiJewel Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 4

My cousin from Oklahoma is coming to town for her family baby shower. I need to do a cake with a "camo" theme. I'm really drawing a blank on this and need help connecting camo with a baby shower! I don't know her too well so its making it even harder! Please help me icon_wink.gif

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 4

I take it they're having a boy???

What about doing a complimentary green cake and make a little fondant baby on top with a camo blanket??

videominx Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 4

I had to do just such a cake for an expectant couple based on an invitation design the Mom-to-be liked. Basically a 1/4 sheet with a cute baby on top wearing a camo onesie, the sides were then done in camo bc. It's in my photos. Hope this helps!

chellescountrycakes Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 3:29am
post #4 of 4

There is a really cute cake on here with a camo theme, they were duck hunters so its got camo, and a nest and eggs, and a baby's butt hatching from an egg. TOOO cute.

if that more thn you want to do, I'd first find out what they were hunters of. Deer? turkeys? dove? ducks? gators? Like my family hunts deer, squirrel, turkey, and thats really it. So if you made a elk hunting cake for us it would throw us for a loop. LOL

One thing, folks who do hunt are big about camo. Dont do army camo for a hunter. LOL I know it sounds snobish, but its just a fact of life. icon_smile.gif

Once you fiqure out what they hunt, (OK- more than likely deer for sure) then you have a better idea about what would fit them better.

IF I had to do a deer hunting camo theme for one of my friends- gosh... LOL the camo onsie sounds good icon_smile.gif LOL

If its a girl, there are lots of cute camo clothes that we buy with lace on them. and my kids all had a pair of overalls (hers have lace) that are camo, with an embroderied deer that says either "daddy's little dear" or "Daddys little hunter"

They also had wranger diaper covers that were camo, so if you can do a sleeping baby, amoungst some trees, and tall grasses (like a fawn would be) and put a diaper cover on the naked baby that was camo, that would be adorable.
maybe laying on a camo blanket.

And remember depending on where they hunt- we have to wear 'hunter' orange too. most folks wear a hat or vest that is bright orange. its annoying , and yes, the deer can see it. LOL but you might can incorperate that also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%