Do You Think Nutella Would Work In This Cake? (Newbie Here)

Decorating By Hollandy Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 11:03am by pattycakesnj

Hollandy Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:46am
post #1 of 4

I want to fill my daughter's birthday cake with nutella and fresh strawberries. The cake will be covered in fondant. Can I also use the Nutella to act as the "glue" that holds the fondant on the cake or is buttercream a must? Do you more experienced folks forsee any problems?

This will be my second attempt at a fondant covered cake and the first time I didn't use buttercream either, just the cinnamon chream cheese filling I made and it was okay.

3 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:55am
post #2 of 4

Nutella filling with strawberries sounds great but I don't think it would work as the frosting under the fondant, to slippery and thin. Why don't you mix it with a plain buttercream and use that as the frosting

Hollandy Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:59am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesnj

Nutella filling with strawberries sounds great but I don't think it would work as the frosting under the fondant, to slippery and thin. Why don't you mix it with a plain buttercream and use that as the frosting

that's a really good idea. thanks!

pattycakesnj Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:03am
post #4 of 4

also don't forget to put a dam of thickened buttercream to hold the filling in, you don't want strawberry juice leaking out the sides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%