I Think I Had The Cake From [email protected]

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 1:23am by JCE62108

sweettreat101 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 1:17am
post #1 of 2

Made a three tier wedding cake for my brothers wedding today. Of course mom was doing the fresh floral arrangements so she insisted that she had to have my cake plates to measure. Lady at the cake store told me to use royal frosting for my stencil that it would provide a crisper result. WRONG! Not on butter cream it doesn't it melts. Had to scrape off the side of my cake re ice and smooth. Then mom decides she has to take the cakes with her since she was arriving early to help set up. I told her that the cakes needed to stay out of the heat. Well she couldn't find the reception hall and leaves them in the car. I arrive to find my butter cream starting to bubble so I try to fix as best as I can since I didn't have any tools. Glad it's over. Anyone else had a day when nothing seems to go right? UGH! Hope next weekends cake goes off without a hitch. Not letting mom touch this one.

1 reply
JCE62108 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 1:23am
post #2 of 2

YES!!!! How about a bride that cancels her cake THE MORNING OF THE WEDDING, then 3 hours before the wedding, calls and says she wants the cake, and I have a 2 hour round trip to go get it, finish decorating it, and deliver it! lol! It was the ugliest cake I ever made. The only cake I have not put on my website. lol. Apparently she loved it. (woohoo!)

Oh god I think we've all been there. All you can say is GLAD IT'S OVER!!!! YAY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%