Call Me Easy To Please But...

Decorating By Thanksharla Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 2:45am by Kitagrl

Thanksharla Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 6

I am still fairly new to cake decorating and only do this as a hobby. Which means I don't know all the cool tools out there and where to find them. I usually get my supplies at a local cake supply store or Hobby Lobby. Recently I went into JoAnns because the cake supply store didn't have in stock what I needed. I felt like I had walked into Heaven when I turned down the cake aisle. I was blown away at how much more stuff they have. Now if only I could find a coupon for 40% off like Hobby Lobby....

5 replies
KayMc Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 6

Go to Joann's and at the checkout you can sign up to receive their coupons. I get one 40% off coupon each week in the mail, and one in the Sunday newspaper each week.

Thanksharla Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

Go to Joann's and at the checkout you can sign up to receive their coupons. I get one 40% off coupon each week in the mail, and one in the Sunday newspaper each week.

Oh, you just made my great day even better. Thanks for the tip! I love happy cake moments....makes up for the not so good ones.

Elcee Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 6

Do you have a Michael's near you? I find they have way more cake decorating stuff than Joann's, but maybe that is just my local Joann's. I rarely, if ever, go to Hobby Lobby.

Ren715 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 2:33am
post #5 of 6

Where I live, Michael's and JoAnn's accept each others coupons.

Kitagrl Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 2:45am
post #6 of 6

Michael's, ACMoore, and JoAnns here all accept each other's coupons...and the ONE Michael's store I go to will accept one of each of the three!!!! No other store, even another Michaels I've occasionally shopped at, will do that. So I hope mine does not change.

Every Monday on errands day I take three coupons in there and buy boards and whatever else stuff. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%