Where Do You Get Hi-Ratio Shortening In The Summer???

Decorating By erincc Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 11:35pm by Mama_Mias_Cakes

erincc Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 7

Usually I use IMBC, but with this heat & humidity I don't feel like messing with it for a wedding cake I have to haul over an hour in my car. (Although I have done that successfully in the past!) So, I was planning on using Sugarshack's BC which I have had good luck with. I went to order some Sweetex and they are not shipping in the summer due to the heat. icon_cry.gif I can't get anything locally, so any ideas where I can get some hi-ratio??? I'm wondering if I should go to the local bakery and beg a pail off of them.

6 replies
cakegrandma Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 7

If you have a GFS anywhere near you they will order it for you but, it takes about 2 weeks for them to get it in the store. This is due to the fact that depending on when you order and when their next order is going in. They seem to have a fairly decent pricing and even though the block is 50# you can just leave it in the box, sealed well or pack it into containers and set it in the freezer as I do.
evelyn

PiccoloChellie Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 7

I second GFS.
Ask them to order it in, and if they have any trouble finding it the item number is 1080220. icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 7

Sysco has it too, but you have to open an acct with them.

kodeblue Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Sysco has it too, but you have to open an acct with them.

Unless you know someone that has a restaurant and deals with them. They could order it for you. I work at Sysco and see this all the time. Even if you don't know anyone at a restaurant, just find one that does deal with Sysco and ask the manager.

erincc Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 7

I'm sorry- what is GFS? I am in a really, really small town. I was really hoping to order online! Thanks for your help.

Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 7

Looks like you can order it still from Kitchen Kraft, Inc. It is their own brand and not sweetex though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%