Feeling Annoyed Now

Decorating By princesssalamander Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 7:15pm by princesssalamander

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 9:55am
post #1 of 3

It was DP's dad's birthday last week, but he was away, and yesterday it was his mum's birthday, but they were still away. Was thinking this morning as they are coming over to make a last minute cake for them using strawberry jello and making it plain but pretty. However, the sponge took forever to cook and overfilled the tins and just didn't go right. I know I filled them too high but I just kinda thought it'd be ok, I could trim it after. Well, cakes are in the bin now and there's no way I could cook and cool and decorate another cake for them as they'll be here in an hour or so. Feeling really bummed I wanted to do something special.

2 replies
njoycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njoycakes Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 10:11am
post #2 of 3

with any left over bit of cake I like to make cake truffles, I use the bits I've torted, the bits I've carved and I'm sure you could have used your cakes too, then just whiz them in a food processor and add a bit of buttercream, roll them into balls and freeze then decorate with melted chocolate and sprinkles or sugar flowers.

They always taste great and look cute too. (mine never turn out quite as cute as bakerella's but practice makes perfect). And Jane Asher does something similar to make shaped cakes that she calls a 'fridge cake'.

I find it handy to keep these in the freezer to pull out for a last minute emergency, trying to do a cake at the last minute never works for me and it's too stressful. It's annoying when things like this happen but give yourself a break, after all, it's the thought that counts isn't it?

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 3

I did think about making them into cake balls but I was annoyed with them and I was also decorating another cake at the time and was hoping for everything to turn out perfect!! I'm good with last minute cakes usually, but not this time! I did tell them I made a cake but it flopped, and I got asked when I'm making more - I think DP's family are my biggest fans lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%