Gumpaste Bowl

Decorating By kodeblue Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 4:06pm by LilaLoa

kodeblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kodeblue Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 7

Anybody ever make a bowl out of gumpaste or know how to without the gumpaste sticking to the actual bowl?

6 replies
mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 12:11am
post #2 of 7

Coincidentally, I just made one yesterday. I used clear wrap on the actual bowl and left the gumpaste layer dry overnight. It came right off without getting damaged. I am now letting the inside dry until tomorrow.

kodeblue Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 12:30am
post #3 of 7

Thank you for the quick reply.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 12:38am
post #4 of 7

Wow, this is a very interesting idea! What do you plan on doing with the completed bowls? Please, please post pics when you're done!

kodeblue Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 12:50am
post #5 of 7

My wife has an order for a cake to look like a countertop with baking utensils on it lol. I am her researcher lol. I don't think she comes on here much because she is always to busy so I come on quite a bit to get ideas and actually found nothing on the bowl idea.

cakesage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesage Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 7

Dust the actual bowl with cornstarch and mold the gumpaste into it. I would let dry overnight if possible so that it can hold up its shape. Separate and dust off any excess cornstarch with a pastry brush. Good Luck!

LilaLoa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilaLoa Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 7

When I make mine, I just spray the back of a real bowl with non-stick coating, wipe it lightly and then put gumpaste over it and let it dry over night. It slides right off in the morning. I always let it dry for a few more hours after that so the inside is as dry as the outside.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%