Help!!!!!

Decorating By Traci9130 Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 2:04pm by cheatize

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, so I decided to undertake making my daughter's christening cake that is this Sunday...I baked yesterday, two 11 x 15 cakes for the bottom and a 12 x 18 for the top...both sheet cakes...I am having 71 adults and 17 children...I let them cool and deciced to cut and ice them today and put them in the fridge. When I cut the bottom cakes and put them together, they were totally uneven! I thought about trying to make it even, but decided against it, as I fear that I will ruin both of them...anyway, my bottom tier has now become my top..Will there be enough cake???? I am freaking out right about now!!!! Plus, I now have to try to manage putting botties, a hat and a christening dress on the top tier..Ugh...I'm getting so upset and depressed! I did taste the cake, though and they do taste yummy!

3 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 4

I think the servings will be fine. Wilton's chart shows 98 servings for a 12 X 18, 2 layer. Half of that (for a one layer cake) is 49 and that's just for one of your cakes.

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 2:37am
post #3 of 4

icon_smile.gif ..I never thought to go into Wilton to check...Thanks...Of course everything that can go wrong is..My fondant is laying as perfectly as I would like, there are some imperfections that I see...I will have a hat, dress and booties covering the cake, so I am hoping that A LOT of my imperfections will be hidden...Thanks...I feel better about the servings....

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 4

You're welcome. I just happened to know that number off the top of my head because I was designing a cake that size yesterday. Otherwise, numbers just fly right out of my head. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%