Help. How To Make A Wedge Or Slice Of A Cake

Decorating By sugarinspired Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 5:41pm by sugarinspired

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 8

I need to make a slice of a cake. So im using a dummie and cutting it into a wedge How do i make it look realistic? Im coving the cake with fondant. Does anyone have any ideas or photos? thanks

7 replies
Frotusbush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frotusbush Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 8

I would go ahead and cover the whole thing in fondant first. Make a template that would go up the wide side (or back) of the wedge and across the top (this would look like a long thin triangle attached to a square or rectangle). Decide how I wanted to "torte" it - two layers of cake with one layer of filling etc. Since this is a dummy cake I am assuming that it is for display only. If it was to be chocolate I would carefully spread some chocolate icing on the "cake" sections into which I would press ground coffee or something else quite brown. Pipe some filling using tinted piping gel - possibly red for raspberry into which I had mixed some sesame seeds. Then I would add an additional layer of fondant (use the template that you made earlier to cut it to the exact shape) that came up the back of the cake and across the top and decorate as desired.

sugarinspired Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 8

thank you thank you i will let you know how it will look since its for brides magazine

sugarinspired Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 6:05am
post #4 of 8

thanks.. i just wanted to show you my after photo of the wedged cake
LL

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 6:39am
post #5 of 8

thats amaaaazing! hw did you get the "cake" to have the sponge texture? congrats.

Frotusbush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frotusbush Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 8

Great Job!!! Thanks for posting pictures.

sexy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexy_baker Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 8

You did such a great job on that. Definitely a pure talent!

sugarinspired Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 5:41pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks... I had to make it look realistic and to contrast. It's 10" high also and very happy how it turned out.. I used sprinkles for the texture

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%