Wilton Tent Sale

Lounge By JGMB Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 4:37pm by KimmieJ

JGMB Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 8

It starts today and I live, literally, 7 minutes down the street -- but can I go???? No, because the stupid piano tuner's** due to come any minute, then I have 2 cakes and 2 batches of sugar cookies to bake and decorate. It looks like I might have to wait until Monday -- I hope all the good stuff isn't gone!!!

** He's not really stupid -- actually a very nice man. I just resent it when he comes because I have to stay fairly quiet, like no vacuuming, running the mixer, etc. And, I should mention that no one even plays the piano, but he insists that we tune it once a year or it will "die." Ugh.

7 replies
tesso Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 8

are you kidding me? icon_eek.gif slap a sign on the door that reads, Sorry, Sold Piano to Buy Cake Supplies. Then get to that sell!! icon_lol.gif

Hope all the good stuff isnt gone! Maybe it wont be too out of tune and wont take that long. Think positive.

JGMB Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

slap a sign on the door that reads, Sorry, Sold Piano to Buy Cake Supplies.

I LOVE this -- thanks for the laugh!! icon_lol.gif

JGMB Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 8

Just in case anyone cares, I FINALLY made it to the tent sale yesterday. It was worth the wait!!! My biggest purchase was pure vanilla extract at $1 per ounce. I bought a lot of that, parchment paper, luster dusts, cookie cutters, cookie bags, jimmies, candy melts, dowel rods, clear vanilla, cupcake papers, fanci-foil wrap, a spare 8" round pan, a cookie sheet, and the 2-mix open book pan.

Luckily, I had a parking spot right near the tent opening!

TheCakerator Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 8

sounds like you had a great time!

Kaylani Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 8

Wow! Sounds fun. Were the items other than the vanilla about 50% off? or was it more? I am really curious about the prices. Thank you!

JGMB Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:10am
post #7 of 8

It seems like everything was just about 50% off. I actually went again, because I had initially gone to buy cake boxes, but there weren't any. Then, a day or 2 later, a friend called to say that they had them out, so I went back and stocked up!

KimmieJ Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 4:37pm
post #8 of 8

I actually went for the first time this past weekend and I do have to say that I was actually disappointed with the prices. For a tent sale I though the sales might be better than just 50% of everything. This is the same price I can get my supplies at the stores using coupons or when they have their Wilton sales. I was hoping that like that ad said, I would be able to find items up to 75% off. I heard that if you go the last few days, they do drop the prices even lower. Luckily, we knew someone who works for Wilton and did get an additional discount. Definitely not disappointed in the selection or offerings (my visit was halfway throught the even that runs June 4 to June 22). Ah well....I know to go later next year icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%