Larger Than A Mini, Smaller Than A Standard?

Baking By Jenniferkay Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 2:14am by MCurry

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 14

I've seen in grocery stores cupcakes that they call mini's but they are bigger than the wilton mini pan. Does anyone know what pan that is and if I can buy one? The mini's are great for samples, but I think that size would be better for mini orders. TIA

13 replies
njoycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njoycakes Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 8:43am
post #2 of 14

I've been wondering about this too, but if we can find a tin somewhere, where would you get the cases, I haven't found any!
The only other thing I could think of is using 'baking cases' instead of 'cupcake cases' which are a lot shorter than standard cupcakes (here in the UK we call them fairy cakes) but they're still not quite the same size or shape as supermarket 'mini' cupcakes.
Sorry I can't help more

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 14

What size are you looking for? I use liners that have a 1 1/2 inch bottom that are bigger than the usual minis I have seen.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 14

Williams-Sonoma has mini cuppie liners and pans that are larger than the Wilton mini but smaller than the standard cuppie.

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 14

I got pans bigger than a mini and smaller than standard at WalMart. They are heavy and cost around $10 each for 24 "mini" cupcakes. They are non-stick. I get my papers at KakeKreations.com. They may not be on the website, but ask for them. They carry them.

Jenniferkay Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 14

the ones on WS website look about right. I'll check Wallie world again. When I was there a few weeks ago i took a quick look and didn't see them, but i'll take another look. I'll also ask their bakery dpt.

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 14

You can find liners that have a bottom measurement of 1 1/2" at
http://www.cupcakeswirl.com/

I bought the mini pans that can hold these liners at Fantes.
www.fantes.com

I hope this helps.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 7:21pm
post #8 of 14

Reynold's makes the 1-1/2" liners as well (they're a little bigger than the standard mini cc liners) and they sell them at my regular grocery store! I don't have a pan, but I bought them by accident thinking they were regular mini cc size

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:53am
post #9 of 14

(So im not the only person with these odd liners Dreme thinks to herself)......I just switched to the small liners a couple of days ago. I have been baking in the same mini pans and then flattening out the cupcake bottom when it comes out of the pan. It would be nice to have the correct pan.

I got my liners from Country Kitchen SweetArt. It said the the liners were mini, but the they looked more like a small. I also think they are wax as well because they kinda have the wax smell in the oven. Are there ones that don't have the wax smell?

Jenniferkay Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 14

i just found a blog through google and they baked in the nut and party cups from wilton. just lined the cups on a baking sheet, filled and baked and they look like a really nice size. just not sure about the pricing of the cups.

Jenniferkay Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 7:11pm
post #11 of 14

I found the pan!!!! Bed Bath and Beyond...looking for an herb mincer and there it was!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=13787433&RN=873&

now just trying to find liners....ugh!

Jenniferkay Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 7:13pm
post #12 of 14

oh i did find liners...but i'm just not sure if they are tall enough

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:14am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Reynold's makes the 1-1/2" liners as well (they're a little bigger than the standard mini cc liners) and they sell them at my regular grocery store! I don't have a pan, but I bought them by accident thinking they were regular mini cc size

Agreed. Reynolds liners are a good size. My mini cupcake pans comes from Williams Sonoma. They are non-stick, not too small and I like them. Wilton has some that look like a good size but I have never used them.

I have also picked up mini-cupcake liners from Sur La Table. Country Kitchen has different mini cupcake ones too. www.countrykitchensa.com

Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%