Gumpaste Shoe Support? Having Issues. Lol

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 2:18am by Loucinda

JCE62108 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:42am
post #1 of 3

Ok it's not cooperating with me. Or maybe I just have not clue what Im doing.

I downloaded the gumpaste shoe template and printed out the tutorial. I tried to fold the thing on the lines but it doesnt look like the support in the photo. Mine isnt sloping the right way. I feel so dumb that I cant figure this out. Honestly I could probably get it right if I just didnt use the support template and just made my own, but Im curious what I did wrong. Did I just fold it wrong or something? Im posting photos.

If anyone has made this before, do you have photos of the support you used so I can see how to make it correctly? It's kind of hard to see in the tutorial exactly the shape of it, how long to make the sides, etc.

2 replies
Enchantedcakes Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 3

you have the template folded incorrect. I took me several times to get it right. I do not have a picture but please look at the following and it should help.

Loucinda Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 2:18am
post #3 of 3

I personally don't like the "angle" of those. I would rather buy a cheap pair of new heels, cut them up and cover with saran wrap so that the template has a "natural" angle to it. You can always tell when someone has used one of those types of templates, to me it doesn't look quite right....but that is just my opinion. ( I don't mean for this to sound harsh, I hope it doesn't come across that way)

Quote by @%username% on %date%