Lemon Juice

Baking By sweet56pooh Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm by Montrealconfections

sweet56pooh Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:38am
post #1 of 5

Can you use lemon juice to flavor RI or glacé icing? TIA!

4 replies
luv2bake6 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:15am
post #2 of 5

I use sometimes use lemon flavoring but it's obviously not the same as the juice. I can't imagine why you couldn't use lemon juice in your icing instead of water or milk. Try it out and let us know.

Montrealconfections Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:34am
post #3 of 5

Thats what I use (Real Lemon) tastes great, watch out using pink & red it changes the color you need to add the color before the juice.

sweet56pooh Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 6:00am
post #4 of 5

That is good to know about the color change. Thanks Montrealconfections! One of my colors is pink, but how would you add the color in before the lemon juice if you are going to be replacing lemon juice with water/milk? How do you incorporate lemon juice in your icing? Thanks!!

Montrealconfections Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 5

I mix my RI icing with water making the thick consistency (for outlining) then I can pigment it once the color is mixed I can then add the lemon juice to make the icing flood/flow icing consistency.

If you do not do it in this order the colors are dramatically different the pink even gets spots I think it's the acid in the lemon juice that does it I've noticed the change also in purple (which contains the red pigment). If you do it in the order I stated I have not had any issues whatsoever and you'll see the taste is wonderful ;o).

Take care, Marlyn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%