Mini Cupcakes, Help,,

Baking By annabanana183 Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 4:54am by annabanana183

annabanana183 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annabanana183 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:31am
post #1 of 6

Hi,
one of my friends asked me to make a cake for her and was planning to order mini cupcakes from her baker, now she calls me and says her baker canceled and if I can bake 48 minis for her. Now I have never bakes minis and dont even have a pan for that, Is there some way I can use my cupcake pan and bake the minis in the mini cups.
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies
mekare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekare Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:37am
post #2 of 6

i've never tried this, it's a total guess BUT ... what if you use a couple of mini cupcake liners for each one and set them on a cookie sheet? or the foil mini cupcake liners? that might make them sturdy enough to hold up.

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:51am
post #3 of 6

I don't know if you have time or even want to do this but, I found my mini pans at Walmart for $4.97. I bought several!! They sell Wilton..but the off brand is half the price and work great!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:30am
post #4 of 6

If you buy a pan, check the bottom first. I didn't realize it, but my mini cups are round-ish on the bottom- not flat. No wonder I couldn't get them to stay upright!

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:39am
post #5 of 6

I wouldn't put mini liners in a reg size pan...When you put the batter in, the sides will just spread out and the batter will prob end up in the bottom of your pan...And if your mini liners don't fit quite right in the mini pan, if they don't touch the bottom, they will be rounded on the bottom and fall over. Does that make sense?? icon_smile.gif I make about 30 dozen of these puppies a day....I bake (in a convection oven) for 10 mins, turn the pan, bake for 5 more mins, check if they are done with a toothpick. Hope that helps! Let me know if you need any more info... Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

annabanana183 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annabanana183 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:54am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone I checked with wal mart mine didn't have the pan, but I found a really good one at crate & barrel for only 12 $.
Chelseak thanks my next question was going to be how long should I bake them ... icon_smile.gif.
Hope the turn out good,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%