Pink And Brown Idea Needed

Decorating By jenng1482 Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 5:57am by sweetlybaked

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:56am
post #1 of 5

I have a cupcake wedding tomorrow. The bride made wrappers from different patterned scrapbook paper - stripes, plaid, polka dots, ect- all bubble gum pink and brown. I am doing a 6" round for the cutting. It is extra tall, iced in pink and wrapped around the bottom with brown ribbon with small pink polka dots.

My question is what should i do on the rest of the cake??? She doesnt have a topper and really doesnt have any preference. I am on a very tight schedule so I need something fairly simple.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Jen

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:07am
post #2 of 5

what about small brown polka dots on the pink fondant? Fairly simple. Or stripes since she has some striped wrappers...

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:19am
post #3 of 5

If you want something vertical, maybe you could make an initial out of RI to use on top too.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:37am
post #4 of 5

What about just a big swirl of frosting, like a traditional cupcake? Use pink, and then add brown dots that look like sprinkles.

Or, something about the dots and stripes and so on makes me think a bow would be the right style of topper. If you have enough of the ribbon that's wrapping the bottom, use it -- No drying time needed! -- or make it out of gumpaste.

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:57am
post #5 of 5

Stripes up the sides, possibly a bow on top, maybe a standard bow, not a loop bow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%