What Kind Of Rolling Pin Do You Use For Your Cookies?

Baking By CookieMeister Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 2:04am by Mickeebabe

CookieMeister Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 11

I just use the Wilton french-style rolling pin, but I took a class a few weeks ago, and the had these really nice, heavy rolling pins with a shiny surface that nothing seemed to stick to. So I started perusing rolling pins, and while looking for that one, I found a Fat Daddio stainless steel rolling pin and thought how cool would that be? Now I have no idea what kind I'm going to order!

10 replies
auntginn Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 11

I have had my very first rolling pin since I was a little girl. It is wooden and works like a charm. I have the big Wilton one that I use only of fondant.

I don't need to change either. Happy with these. Sorry if this does not help

luv2bake6 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 11

I use a rolling pin called the Silpin. I think it may be what you're talking about. It's a heavy straight rolling pin with a silicone exterior to prevent excessive sticking. I absolutely love it and have been using it for a long time.

ElleW Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:53am
post #4 of 11

I read that someone recommended PVC pipe cut to any length you want. Run it through the dishwasher and it is good to go. I'm planning on having my dh cut me one this weekend. I'll let you know how it works.

leily Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:09am
post #5 of 11

I like to use the large rolling pin from Wilton (they sell it for fondant, it's the long white one that is about 1-1/2" in diameter) I use this for my cookie dough and my fondant.

I also have marble one that I used to use all the time, but it wasn't wide enough for me and i got tired of rolling out so many batches (i use guides on the side so I could only go so wide to keep my even thickness) But i'm lookin for a wider marble rolling pin and hoping someone else will buy it for me hehe.

frankdiabetes Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 11

Until very recently, I used an old wooden rolling pin with handles that my grandma had given me and it worked perfectly fine. I also have the long white Wilton one and never liked it. But I ordered the Fat Daddio's stainless steel rolling pin you mentioned, and it is AWESOME. Seriously, I love this rolling pin. If you buy it, you won't regret it.

CookieMeister Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdiabetes

Until very recently, I used an old wooden rolling pin with handles that my grandma had given me and it worked perfectly fine. I also have the long white Wilton one and never liked it. But I ordered the Fat Daddio's stainless steel rolling pin you mentioned, and it is AWESOME. Seriously, I love this rolling pin. If you buy it, you won't regret it.

I like the ringing endorsement! I think I'll try it!

frankdiabetes Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 11:15pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMeister

I think I'll try it!

Do it! Let us know how you like it!

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 11:38pm
post #9 of 11

For rolling out cookie dough I use the smart rolling pin by CK. I swear by it! icon_biggrin.gif

laurs_1981 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 3:34pm
post #10 of 11

I use the big Wilton one for cookies and fondant

Mickeebabe Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 2:04am
post #11 of 11

I also just use a big wooden rolling pin that I got when I got married 18 years ago. It works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%