Very Busy Day Of Baking, And Now...

Decorating By JohnnyCakes1966 Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 1:17pm by noahsmummy

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 27

I have to clean the kitchen. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif It wouldn't take much to convince me to throw all my pans away and buy new ones!!!

26 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 27

I feel your pain!!! I bet most of us here on CC do.

Just today, when a woman at the grocery store saw my cart full of butter, sugar, flour, etc., she commented that I must like to bake. I replied, "I'd bake all day, every day, if someone else would do the clean-up!"

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 27

I feel your pain JohnnyCakes- I made a cake last night at the last minute for someone, fell into bed a 1am have worked all day and now have to go home and clean my kitchen up last nights mess, I was to tired to do it last night. I need a kitchen fairy.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 27

I totally hear ya!!!! I'm one of those people that has to have everything super clean and organized before I can begin...........then I go through like a tornado and when I'm done you'd swear I'd never cleaned a day in my life by the look of my kitchen!! lol

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 27

ughhh...don't u hate that? If only I had a maid.......

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 27

the worst thing for me!! I hate a messy kitchen...two rooms in my house that HAVE to be clean are the kitchen and the bathroom. If I get my kitchen spotless before I start baking I usually run bowl of hot water before I start, so I can clean as I go, but then there are times I'm baking and decorating at the same time, plus my DH has to cook for the kids, and by the end of it the kitchen looks like a bombs gone off! I just leave it till the next morning when I have a little more energy and enthusiasm, but it is hard to get into the cleaning when it gets that bad. It's the sticky worktops from powdered sugar that's the hardest to clean!

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 27

I hear you. Everytime I bake I swear up and down I will clean as I go, and it starts out well, then comes the decorating part. That's when everything falls apart and I have to clean PS off every surface and figure out exactly how and when I used all those bowl, spatulas and knives. icon_confused.gif

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:06pm
post #8 of 27

I am the same way, I start out really good, washing things right away, wiping off the counter, putting things away as I go and then all of a sudden I turn around and the whole kitchen is a disaster, and there isn't a bare spot left on the counter and the sink is full of dirty dishes and I am wondering "at what point did this all happen?"

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:10pm
post #9 of 27

A kitchen fairy.....that's it....that is exactly what I need. I'm about to start my baking project for this week and I have to clean before I get started....and can't even imagine how bad it will be before I am done. Going to start looking for a kitchen fairy! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:24pm
post #10 of 27

I clean as I go and when the cakes in the oven I wash the dishes, vacuum and mop. I hate doing it though. I would much rather bop my head like on I Dream of Jeanie and have it clean. That goes for cleaning the whole house and the laundry also.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:42pm
post #11 of 27

Ooooooo, Kitchen Fairy...wouldn't that just be heaven? SIIIIGHHH..a girl can dream, right?

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:47pm
post #12 of 27

Unfortunately for me, my husband does have a kitchen fairy. Guess who? UGH. He doesn't even realize how much of a mess he's making as he goes because I'm cleaning as fast as I can as he goes. But like someone else said, it's when it comes to the decorating part that it all falls apart. And yet, it still somehow ends up being me that cleans it up. (He's got it too good) Now if someone could just tell me how the kitchen fairy gets their own kitchen fairy........... icon_confused.gif

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:08am
post #13 of 27

cownsj, you could be my kitchen fairy and I would really appreciate you and wait on you hand an foot! Let me know if that works for you.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:19am
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBaker

cownsj, you could be my kitchen fairy and I would really appreciate you and wait on you hand an foot! Let me know if that works for you.

ROFLMAO...... hmmmmmmmm, sounds better than the deal I'm getting now. Can I play with cakes sometimes though too??????

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:21am
post #15 of 27

I am my own kitchen fairy - and for everyone else in the house! I spend so much time in the kitchen that I just know they think "oh mom will do it". Every time I leave the kitchen, upon my return a dish magically appears in my sink. Hmm.

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:31am
post #16 of 27

cownsj, you can play with cakes as much as you want as long as you are the kitchen fairy!

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:51am
post #17 of 27

Hey Johnnycakes,

That's when you start thinking about all the high school students you know who need to make a quick buck.... Win-win.

icon_smile.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:59am
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy7953

I am my own kitchen fairy - and for everyone else in the house! I spend so much time in the kitchen that I just know they think "oh mom will do it". Every time I leave the kitchen, upon my return a dish magically appears in my sink. Hmm.

That's me! and my DD and SIL are the kitchen gremlins! I clean the kitchen - make sure the dishwasher is empty, go outside to feed the horses, wave by to everyone as they leave, come in to start baking and -wait --- what happened!! where did all those dishes come from!! Sooooo I start all over and clean the kitchen again!! OH WELL!!! This to Shall Pass!!

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 8:45am
post #19 of 27

dawncr - That's the problem. At the shop I used to work at, we had someone who cleaned, washed, etc. I concentrated on baking and decorating. I could make a huge mess and the "cleaning fairy" took care of it. Then I got the bright idea to move to another state and open my own business. I don't have enough jobs yet to pay anyone, so I have to do it all....and I've learned 2 things:

1. I was spoiled at the other shop, and
2. We didn't pay the "cleaning fairies" NEARLY enough!! icon_lol.gif

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 9:26am
post #20 of 27

i had a cleaning fairie!!!!!

She died of exhaustion :/

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 10:53am
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

i had a cleaning fairie!!!!!
She died of exhaustion :/

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 11:37am
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTBUGZY1

I need a kitchen fairy.

Me too...

Wouldn't life be much sweeter and baking much easier with a kitchen fairy.

It is enjoyable even thinking about it.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 11:47am
post #23 of 27

I wish I had a cleaning fairy.... my problem is that I just cannot go to bed without having a clean kitchen...so if I finish a cake at 3 am... I MUST clean at 3 am... so I end up going to bed at 4:40 or 5 am... One time I tried it... I said.... nahh I will clean up in the morning.... well guess you wasn't able to sleep at all? yeap... I kept tossing and turning.. thinking I have to do this... I have t do that... oh I can't forget this other thing... so I now know better lol... but I tell DH all the time... baking is a messy messy job....

I clean BEFORE I start baking (I need to make sure all my counters are disinfected and clear of my boys leaving drops of soda and milk and juice and crumbs, cause they can't pour a glass of anything without spilling some on the counter... and they make a sandwich and I tell them to use a napkin... well... the napkin is the only thing that is clean by the time they are done!!! so I must clean before I start lol)

icon_smile.gif

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 11:53am
post #24 of 27

id like to put in a n order ofr a whole house/garden fairy.. granted it may take a whole little team, but im happy to start with one. =)

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:22pm
post #25 of 27

I know what you guys mean, the sad part is I have 3 children that should be helping me, 18, 14, and 11. and do you think they help NOT, I have to tell them if the house is not clean, no one ask me for money, no work no money, my best, best friend just moved back from Florida, and she came and helped me to clean the house the way that I want it to be cleaned, AND I SAID TO MY KIDS THIS IS THE WAY SOMEONE'S HOUSE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK, I also told them when I have cake orders that helps me clean up, will get extra money added to their allowance, and believe it or not my 11 year old can bake her tail off, she is just too lazy, but she likes money, so she was the first to accept the challange. and I also told them that for two months they are not allowed to bring any friends over, they have to prove to me, that they can keep my house clean my way I am tired of being the made..

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:34pm
post #26 of 27

I've been baking all week... decorated all day yesterday. At one point during the day I had it cleaned up... Finished yesterday's projects, and looked around... baking bomb...

Got up this morning and tackled the kitchen... The thing I hate most are getting the tips and couplers out of my piping bags and pans...

The dishwasher is my kitchen fairy... sadly... I run her ragged with multiple loads a day, then she gets lazy and leaves all kinds of stuff on my dishes, and I punish her by making her do it again... I'm afraid she's going to quit someday soon... BUT if she does... I'm determined to replace her with a happier kitchen fairy that doesn't complain or leave grease spots on my dishes. Then I'll reward her with fewer loads because she did it right the first time.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:17pm
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeInfatuation

The dishwasher is my kitchen fairy... sadly... I run her ragged with multiple loads a day, then she gets lazy and leaves all kinds of stuff on my dishes, and I punish her by making her do it again... I'm afraid she's going to quit someday soon... BUT if she does... I'm determined to replace her with a happier kitchen fairy that doesn't complain or leave grease spots on my dishes. Then I'll reward her with fewer loads because she did it right the first time.

lmao.

oh what id give for a dishwasher tho...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%