Bubbles In Fondant

Decorating By agconner Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 9:44pm by eccl1-12

agconner Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 2

I was trying to use Duff fondant to cover a cake and there are so many bubbles in it I can't even pop them all and keep going. Anyone know why this happenes, or has anyone had this problem with the Duff fondant?

1 reply
eccl1-12 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 2

I think whoever can figure out what really causes this for sure is going to make it big. As best as I can tell, we all have this problem from time to time, not always with fondant and definately not only with duff fondant. I even spied a bubble on the side of one of duffs cakes once, which made me feel better. icon_smile.gif Sorry, this is no help, except to say you are not alone. There are tons of theories, ranging from cake settling to temperature, type of filling, etc. I don't know which one to believe. Just poke them as best as you can, decorate to conceal them as best as you can, and try something different next time... different filling, different temperature of cake, etc.

Finally, most likely the cake does not look as bad as you think it does. So don't smash it or anything drastic like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%