Powdered Food Coloring...

Decorating By xanikesmom Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 2:48pm by TexasSugar

xanikesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xanikesmom Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever used this? I was in my local cake supply store and was talking with the owner. She suggested the powder food coloring for the deep colors that are hard to attain (i.e. blacks and reds). She said the powder does not change the taste of the icing/fondant and works well. I am curious to know if anyone else has had an experience with powder?

Thanks!

4 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 5

i am curious as well. i was considering in investing in a set of colors. can anyone recommend a brand? americolor?

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 5

I was going to purchase some to color powder sugar for brownies. I would also like to know what brand others use.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:25am
post #4 of 5

You can get some basic pots in the primary colors plus black & white at most cake deco stores.

For an amazing range of gorgeous powdered food colors, try sugarpaste.com. All of the Crystal Colors, including the gold & silver pearls, are FDA approved food colors. I think they have over 120 shades..............They can be used to color fondant, gum paste, batter, icing, etc. They don't fade and they don't impart flavor--unless you buy some of the flavored ones that they offer.

Rae

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 5

I love Crystal Colors! I have only used them for dusting but they have some gorgous colors!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%