Cream Cheese For Outside...

Baking By baycheeks1 Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 1:30am by leily

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 7

So I know cream cheese sitting outside for any amount of time is a disaster waiting to happen! But when the party is at the park...there really is no other choice!

Questions is how can I get a BC that has some kind of cream cheese flavor to it...Anyone have an idea, I'm lost!

6 replies
eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 7

It might not be a problem if the cake is not out there for a really long time or if it is not too hot that day? I did cream cheese frosting on a cake for an out door wedding last year and had no trouble with it. It was out for maybe 3 hours at about 70 degrees if I remember correctly. I suppose it depends a bit on the recipe as well. I have heard of cream cheese buttercreams though, check out this thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-638026-next.html

HTH!

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 7

I dont know how long it will be outside...but it will be hotter then 70 degrees, I live in Houston...and it is like 95....

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 7

could you add some cheesecake pudding mix to your buttercream?

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 7

I haven't tried it, but LorAnn has a cream cheese or cheesecake flavoring that you could add to a heat-stable BC.

eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:18am
post #6 of 7

hmm, ya I would worry about it in 95 degree weather too. Sorry, didn't notice your location...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:30am
post #7 of 7

There is a crusting Cream cheese icing recipe in the recipe section that I love!! To me it's the benefits of buttercream icing with the cream cheese flavor. I get great reviews on it when I use it.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2047/crusting-cream-cheese-icing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%