Cupcakes

Baking By VanessaS Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 6:51pm by njoycakes

VanessaS Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 6

How do I ship cupcakes in the mail?

5 replies
njoycakes Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 10:32am
post #2 of 6

Good luck to you. I tried to post some to a friend after reading on the internet that some people had managed it with some success but sadly my experience was not so successful. I used a strong cupcake box that had a cupcake insert. I fixed the insert in place with some double sided tape and tried to fix a little double sided tape at the bottom of each cupcake as well. I'd marked to box as fragile and keep this side up but...I'll try to attach photos of what happened.
I think next time I'll try covering them in fondant instead of buttercream to see if that works better.
LL
LL

misscrazy4cakes Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 6

those are beautiful..what method did you use to create the design?

LindaF144a Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 6

In the latest issue of Cook's Illustrated they did a taste test of cupcakes from around the country. They were shipped to them overnight delivery. They mentioned how they came with instructions on how to apply the frosting and other goodies. So they are shipping them unfrosted with the frosting on the side to apply.

KHalstead Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:27pm
post #5 of 6

I've shipped cupcakes before with succes, I used a glue dot to stick the cupcake to the bottom of a clamshell cc container, and then put that inside a larger box with packing peanuts (making sure it couldn't bounce around in the box) I put an arrow pointing up on each side of the box and sent it away. They arrived with no damage at all! I've sent fondant covered cakes as well (not brave enough to try an all bc one) with great success.

I've heard stories from UPS and Postal workers that when they see "fragile" written excessively on a box they play "catch" with it for fun!

I just put some arrows and hope people care!

njoycakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 6:51pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscrazy4cakes

those are beautiful..what method did you use to create the design?

Thanks misscrazy4cakes, I just used a wilton 1M tip, filled the piping bag with a streak of pink down one side then filled the rest with uncoloured buttercream, then started piping in the middle and worked my way outwards using even pressure the whole time. Try Youtube for some tutorials, that's where I learnt how and it's not even that hard!

KHalstead think I'll use the packing peanuts next time, great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%