Cookie Icing Flavoring?

Baking By JustABite Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 11:52am by Cookies4kids

JustABite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustABite Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 14

I would love to hear the best flavorings you have used for your decorated cookies.

I will be using MelissaRHK's icing recipie. (The Emma's E's)

Thanks!

13 replies
CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 14

I take a standard RI recipe, and add cotton candy flavoring to it. DIVINE!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 14

I use and really like the all-natural flavorings and extracts from Spices, Etc. They add a fun touch to my cookies and I use them in my RI or dough or both. I started out with Coconut when I read that Cook's Illustrated ranked their all-natural Coconut Flavoring the highest in their taste tests. I got some and it was excellent. Since then I have also tried (and love) their Orange, Lime, Lemon, Raspberry, Cherry and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Their Clear Vanilla is a staple for me when doing white or light colors as regular vanilla will tint the RI and I do not want that. The other Clear Vanillas that I have tried before finding them were artificially flavored and I did not care for the taste. I was ecstatic when I found this one as I have since switched to all-natural flavorings. If you ever wish to try them, here are discount codes for a first time order:

CC9 flat rate shipping of $4.95 for orders within the US only
AKT9 15% for US or international orders (discount taken before shipping costs)

Choose the one code that applies to you or what you want and enter it at the beginning of checkout and then continue on.

The Flat Rate shipping will be the first option for shipping under the billing information and the 15% off will show up when looking at the summary.
If you need it, here is a link to the page on their all-natural flavorings and extracts:

http://www.spicesetc.com/category/Natural-Flavorings

Once you are on their e-mail list, you will get other discount codes (reduced shipping/free shipping, etc.) in the future.

Some of my other cookie friends have tried them as well and like them. I know that they are working on other flavors and am eagerly waiting to see what they are.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 14

I like to add butter flavoring, or lemon flavoring. I've used marshmallow flavoring but do not notice any differences in taste. My next trial will be cheesecake flavoring when i can get around to ordering some.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 14

I completely second Tracy's recommendation for Spices, Etc. flavorings. in fact, I placed another order with them just this week!

I love the clear vanilla for icing, and I also really, really love the amaretto, chocolate, toffee, caramel, cherry, and raspberry! I've tried pumpkin, lime, brown sugar, and strawberry too. I haven't found one I didn't like!

I just ordered blueberry, so I can't wait to try that one!

ElleW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElleW Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 12:39am
post #6 of 14

Thank you, Tracy, for the recommendation. I used Wilton's clear vanilla and it was not good. I ended up leaving it out of my second batch of icing. I just placed my order for coconut, clear vanilla and cherry. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Cheesecake sounded yummy, but i couldn't find it on their list. ???

TracyLH Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:01am
post #7 of 14

I think that Luv2bake6 is using products from another company.

Have fun with your new flavors! I used Coconut in my dough and in my RI, once together and other times with Coconut in the dough and either Lime, Orange or Lemon in the RI. It made for fun tropical flavors.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:30am
post #8 of 14

Yes, you're right. While i have some flavorings from spicesetc, i also use flavorings from Loranne and they have a cheesecake flavor.

JustABite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustABite Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:30am
post #9 of 14

Thank you so much for your input!

TracyLH thanks for reminding me of Spices, Etc., I had come across them some time ago and so forgotten about them. I will definatly be making and order. Thank you for your time to respond. I have browsed your photo's and am always amazed!

Ladies you have made me a cookie addict. I have done many new designs and can't wait to try others.

Thanks again.

TracyLH Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:48pm
post #10 of 14

Happy to help! icon_biggrin.gif Have fun with your cookie-ing!

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:26pm
post #11 of 14

I've got an e-mail this morning for the new promo (1 week)..
it's free shipping over 45$
And vanilla product are in sale icon_smile.gif

sweet56pooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet56pooh Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:02pm
post #12 of 14

These sound great, but shipping to HI is so expensive!

TracyLH Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 10:52pm
post #13 of 14

Thanks, Verano! thumbs_up.gif

SweetPooh - I looked and it adds $3 on top of the regular shipping to send to Hawaii. Verano just saw the free shipping promo and if you get on their mailing list, they will have reduced shipping/free shipping promos in the future as well. Hope that helps!

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:52am
post #14 of 14

I get most of my flavorings and baking supplies from the Amish communities in Minnesota and Wisconsin. They are so reasonable and we enjoy the trips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%