I am starting to do research into staring my own company that would print icing images. I have several questions:
1. does anyone know of where I can purchase am icing image system that would be from a canadian company/supplier (therefore to have warranty, and can be shipped easily if need to be repaired etc)
2. i would like to know if you print at home as a business, what type of printer or system do you have, and if you enjoy working with it.
3. are there any software programs that I can purchase to use as templates (ex mickey mouse, iron man, hannah montana,star wars etc)
4. Are there any software programs that allows me to customize a picture, (ex add a border, add text etc)
4. I am looking at starting up a website, therefore allowing customers to upload their picture, allow me to customize it, and ship it to them. Also, if someone has a picture, then I would like the flexibility to scan it, and customize it. so what system would work for me? Is there and ALL-IN-1 system?
5. have you tried different brands of icing images, and if so which ones do you prefer.
6. when you ship your product how do you package it?
Thanks to all who reply, Vanessa
The majority of the problems associated with printing icing images is printhead related. Our new gold label inks have lowered those problems dramatically over older models. That being said most other problems are easily repaired on your own. Now, we do not offer warranties on out of country purchases, but you always have the option of purchasing a system on your own and saving the money and using it towards any future problems you have. There are two ways of looking at purchasing from an edible pritning company. If you purchase the system, you are paying for the warranty in the cost of the system. If you are purchasing the system on your own, you will pay less and can use that money towards any needed repairs. When you purchase from Icing Images, whether you purchase the printer or not, we always try to help our customers whether they purchase the printer or not from us. If you dont purchase the printer through us, we cant pay for your problems but we are more than happy to give you pointers.
THe best printer to purchase is the Canon ip3600 or mp560. You can use our Gold label inks with that and you will be set!
Templates for licensed characters you have to have an established business and you can purchase systems only through Bakery Crafts or DecoPak. But you will pay a lot more for the system and then you have to pay per print. If you are printing on your own, you will find the majority of people looking for custom work want their own pictures on, not licensed characters.
There are numerous graphics programs out there that allow you to customize pictures. Scrapbook programs are the best and my guess is you already have something on your computer. Be sure not to over buy and get too complicated.
Based on what you are describing, the Canon mp560 would be the best printer for you. You can hook it up to your computer or you can use it like a copier without the computer.
There is only one Icing Images Brand and that is the Premium Brand. It is thicker and allows for more variables in the weather. There are other brands out there, but they are thinner.
In the US, for shipping you can use flat priority mail boxes to ship images. They are free from the USPS. I dont know if they have a similar service in Canada.
Good luck to you.