Shipping Cookies Overseas

Baking By mndy204 Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 6:16pm by luv2bake6

mndy204 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone. icon_smile.gif I want to mail some cookies to a friend of mine in England and I'm not sure how to package them to get them there safely and still fresh. I'm not going to send anything with icing on it, just regular cookies, but probably a few different varieties.

Any ideas? Thank you so much for any help!

3 replies
luv2bake6 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 4

Wrap each cookie in cello bag, and then wrap each in bubble wrap.
Lay them in a box standing soldier style. The box should be just big enough to fit the cookies with little moving room.
Stuff some newsprint paper or tissue paper in the sides, bottom and top of box and then seal.
Now put that box into a larger box just big enough to fit it without much extra room. Stuff the surrounding spaces with more bubble wrap, tissue paper, or newsprint.
This should keep the cookies protected as well as being sturdy enough to travel.

BTW, i'd make the cookies thicker so that there's less chance of cracking. Good luck!

mndy204 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for your help! I will try this way and keep my fingers crossed until they get there. icon_smile.gif This is what I thought I'd need to do, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Do you know are their different ways to send them some that are faster that won't cost a small fortune?

luv2bake6 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 4

You would surely need to price out the various venues and decide. Sorry can't help there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%