Please Help!

Decorating By claylady Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 5:46pm by claylady

claylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claylady Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know what this plastic thing is that is holding up the cake topper? I have searched online for the past three days and besides having a headache I haven't gained anything helpful. Picture is attached and I only need to know what is between the cake and the topper. Thanks a million for anyone who can help me!!!
LL

10 replies
CakeMom5001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMom5001 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 11

looks like a white platic crown

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 11

It looks like the bottom of the 1970s plastic wedding cake topper (bride and groom) that sat on our wedding cake. (It's in my photos.)

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 11

It looks like the one from my 1980's cake topper, too.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 11

This is definately the cake top base more often used for wedding cake toppers. Wilton used to carry them and you can also find them in most Michaels stores. You should be able to find them easily enough at any cake supply store.

Let me know if you continue to struggle to get one in your area and your time frame. I have an extra one or two laying around. I don't use them anymore and will send it it you if time permits.

claylady Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:39am
post #7 of 11

Thanks for all of the help. I'm just trying to find these in quantity and didn't have a clue as to what to ask for. I haven't a clue as to what they cost. Would be interested in purchasing any at all. I'll keep looking. I've checked at two Michael's and one JoAnn. I seem to always be on the end of what Wilton used to make. I really appreciate that you guys are willing to help.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:43am
post #8 of 11

That is a cake topper holder for a wedding cake, it is used to make your own wedding topper. I have one sitting on my bar right now. You can pick it up at walmart or michaels or hobby lobby for a few bucks. It is with all the other bride and groom wedding toppers. you wont have to ask for it, you will see them. thumbs_up.gif

claylady Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:19am
post #9 of 11

Do I look among the bridal things or the cake supply things? I'll be at the stores at 9:00am if I know where to look. All three stores are close to each other and not very far from my house. Thanks!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:39am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by claylady

Do I look among the bridal things or the cake supply things? I'll be at the stores at 9:00am if I know where to look. All three stores are close to each other and not very far from my house. Thanks!

look among the bridal things. at walmart it is with the bride and grooms. at michaels it is with the cake toppers and (in our hobby lobb...way across the store in another section too) it can also be found in the area that has wedding odds and ends. like flowers and jewels for making bouquets and tiaras etc.. print a pic and take it with you !! that will simplify things for you. happy shopping.

edited to add: the one that was sitting on my bar has item # 685008 listed on it. and the cost is 99 cents. (i believe it is from hobby lobby)

claylady Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 11

I found them at Hobby Lobby. Thanks so much! I didn't even bother to go to Michaels or Joann but I'll look there when I'm out shopping. You have no idea how much I appreciate everyone's help!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%