Stabilized Whipped Icing For Graduation Cake

Baking By samona Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 4:53pm by esq1031

samona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samona Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 5

Can someone give me a great recipe for a stabilized whipped icing for an outside graduation cake.

4 replies
snickers34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snickers34 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, when i use whip I beat it until its nice and stiff about 7-8 mins and then I add 4tbsp of conf. sugar. Hope that helps you out

snickers34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snickers34 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 5

oh, sorry that would be with a 5ooml container of whip

gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 5

For every cup of cream used you can use 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of gelatin in 4 tsp of cold water. Bloom the gelatin. Beat your whipped cream with sugar and flavoring till you see traces of the beater in the cream(before soft peaks). Heat your gelatin till it's hot over and swirl(if it's not hot and just warm it will hit the cold cream and solidify). Turn mix to high an add a small amount so it is to the sides of beaters, adding more each time. Beat till it is the consistency that you need . Use immediately. Hope this helps.

esq1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esq1031 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 5

I just used stabilized whipped cream for a graduation cake last weekend. Don't make the mistake I did of putting colored fondant accents directly on the cake. My cake was white and I put green stars directly around the sides of the cake and they started sweating and running color down the sides of the cake. Thank goodness it was for family and we laughed it off and pretended they were shooting stars. But it was a good lesson.

Good Luck,
Jackie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%