Kitchenaid 325 Watt Stand Mixer, Model #k5Sswh

Decorating By m0use Updated 28 Mar 2005 , 8:57pm by m0use

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 4 Mar 2005 , 4:09am
post #31 of 39

Thanks tcturteshell. I will post pics as soon as I make something, which won't be until mid March. Even then it might not be until the end of the month since I will be VERY busy getting my house organized for the bridal shower that I am throwing and also making the cake for.
When I do get pics I will put a post a reply on this thread along with links to the pics so that you know that they are the new ones with my mixer.
I know that I have some old pics that I have yet to upload that I will probably find when I organize my office icon_lol.gif

m0use Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 3:13pm
post #32 of 39

WOO HOO! I got my mixer yesterday- it was waiting for me on my front stoop when I got home!!
I was so thrilled with it that I didn't even want to turn it on, but my father-in-law wanted to see how fast it goes so we plugged it in and turned it on. He thought it was pretty cool- mechanically speaking anyways. Him and my mom couldn't believe how much I saved. When I was first looking at getting this my mom kinda scolded me for wanting to charge it, but after she saw it at my house and I told her that I did not feel like burning out another hand mixer she was really cool about it.
Now I am just waiting on some mini cake pans and I can start really playing!!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 3:24pm
post #33 of 39

I bought the Artisan a few months ago and got it on sale (I'M IN LOVE!). My sister who is the queen of spending money, was in the store with her friend and saw how much it costs and she had to call me right then and there. She says I can't beleive how much those things costs. She said boy did you have to sell a lot of cakes for that! I told her that what I paid for my mixer, was a Coach purse to her. icon_rolleyes.gif and it doesn't go out of style and lasts forever!

Have fun with it! I read somewhere that someone got the pasta rollers at the outlet, WAY CHEAP! I'm going to check it in the outlets here.

ENJOY icon_smile.gif

missjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 2:53pm
post #34 of 39

I want oneicon_sad.gif I use this really old mixer that I know is on its last legsicon_sad.gif

anyway, I just wanted to share that kitchenaid have an outlet store for refurbished mixers that are MUCH cheaper for what you pay retailicon_smile.gif. ( you dont pay taxes or shipping either).
thumbs_up.gif

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_list.asp?HDR=outletstore&SKW=KTAFACTSTAND

m0use Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 4:48pm
post #35 of 39

I will have to keep that site in mind when I need a bigger stand mixer than what I have.
Thanks!

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 12 Mar 2005 , 4:02pm
post #36 of 39

Be careful about mixing rolled butttercream in your kitchen aid. Traditionally you start RBC off in your mixer to combine ingredients but finish it off by hand. If you try to use you kitchen aid (no matter what watt or size) you WILL BURN OUT THE MOTOR!!!! Save that kind of stuff for the Hobart mixers. I up graded from my kitchen aid to a Viking mixer.... 7 qt 1000 Watts!!!! This is soooo much better than my kitchen. I still have my little 250 watt 4.5 qt KA for the little jobs. But that Viking! WOW, now that's a mixer!!!! has all the same attachments as KA. It will work alot longer without getting warm like a KA will. It rips right through the toughest of bread and cookie dough. But a Kichen aid is great to start out with and sure beats anything else out there for the home baker (except Viking). A high quality stand mixer is always worth the money regardless of which brand (or even model) you go with!!! If you don't already have a high quality stand mixer and you do any amount of baking or frosted items... get one! Wait for a sale or get a factory refurb. I could not image doing baking or decorateing without out a stand mixer!!!!! Take my purse, take my hubby, but don't take my mixer! icon_biggrin.gif

m0use Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:39pm
post #37 of 39

Here's the cake that I made with my new mixer for that bridal shower: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&member_id=2403&cat=0&pos=0
I am so glad I bought this- it's a godsend when it comes to making frosting.
I got a lot of compliments on the cake- I brought the leftovers to work and got compliments there as well. The bride to be also like the cake, as well as the groom to be- who showed up to help with presents.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:51pm
post #38 of 39

Great Job Mouse. Who would know that it was a save? Not me it looks delicious.

m0use Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:57pm
post #39 of 39

Thanks- it tasted delicious. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%