Freezing Rich's Bettercreme?

Baking By Kbergmanjohnson Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 4:38am by markiesjules

Kbergmanjohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kbergmanjohnson Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:04am
post #1 of 13

Can you freeze bettercreme that you have already whipped up? I made some last night and I have a lot left over.

Do I need to use it up in five days or is there a way to freeze it? Thanks for your help.

12 replies
Domestic_Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Domestic_Sugar Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 13

I've frozen my buttercream, just mind that it likes to sweat once it's thawing. Make sure you let it rise to room temp in an air-tight container.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 13

Absolutely you can freeze BC. Just allow time for it to return to room temp in its covered container and then whip and use.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 13

i like putting my leftovers in freezer bags so i can label them with what they are and the date. when i have one thawed, i just cut a slit in the bag, squeeze everything out into the mixer to re-whip, then i can just toss the bag.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 13

I do like metria...put it in a freezer bag. They sell it in the store already whipped and frozen as well.

I find that when it's in a bag with all the air removed you don't get the sweating that you do when it's in a bowl!

Kbergmanjohnson Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:00am
post #6 of 13

Thanks-Has anyone tried to freeze Rich's buttercreme?
Thanks for you help.

mommybaker602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommybaker602 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 13

I bought a big bucket of Rich's Bettercreme from Sam's. It was already frozen when I bought it. I thawed it for what I was making, and re-froze the stuff I didn't use. I pulled a little bit out last weekend, and it was still as good as the first time. So it's fine to freeze. I think the side of the bucket said it was good for 3-6 months in the freezer.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:51pm
post #8 of 13

I contstantly freeze, thaw and refreeze Rich's Bettercreme from Sams.

Kbergmanjohnson Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 12:56pm
post #9 of 13

Do you ever freeze Rich's Bettercreme that is in the liquid form. I buy it from GFS? Is Sams club already whipped up?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 2:27am
post #10 of 13

I cant find the liquid form....wish I could so I didn't have to buy that huge bucket from Sams. The kind I get is already whipped up.

markiesjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markiesjules Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 4:34am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbergmanjohnson

Do you ever freeze Rich's Bettercreme that is in the liquid form. I buy it from GFS? Is Sams club already whipped up?

I have bought Rich's Bettercreme liquid already frozen in quart, milk like, containers. I can't remember how long it keeps exactly, but it was a long time. I'm out now or I would let you know what the side panel said on the carton. HTH.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 4:35am
post #12 of 13

I edited the OP's title to Freezing Rich's Bettercreme. Since it appears there was some confusion (caused by Bettercreme being misspelled as Bettercreame which could be seen as msispelled buttercream)...

Buttercream and Bettercreme are not the same thing.

Here's a link to Rich's Bettercreme (and other products):

http://www.rich.com/product_info.cfm?catid=6159

HTH

markiesjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markiesjules Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 4:38am
post #13 of 13

There is a thread by Melvira also called Bettercreme Fun. It's a great thread for using Bettercreme! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%