Edible Image On Chocolate Buttercream?

Decorating By ApplePomme Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 2:45am by icingimages

ApplePomme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplePomme Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:58am
post #1 of 5

I'm doing a cake in chocolate buttercream this weekend and plan to use some edible image transfers. Will the brown colour of the icing show through the image transfer, or will it keep it's white background just fine on top of chocolate bc?

If the chocolate will show through the transfer and darken it, how can I apply it to the chocolate bc so that it *won't* show through the tranfer?

4 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:24am
post #2 of 5

you can either roll some fondant thin and attach the ei to that or if youre able spread white icing where you will put the ei. it can be done but it is timely. better to do the fondant!

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 5

On this cake the father of the grad insisted on chocolate BC. What I did was made a white BC plaque the size of the EI, froze it solid. Iced the cake with chocolate BC, placed the frozen plaque on the cake, then placed the EI and finally, the border. The plaque was slightly raised. The father of the grad LOVED the look!

HTH,

Toni Ann
LL

ApplePomme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplePomme Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 5

Excellent! Thank you so much for your help icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:45am
post #5 of 5

Actually, you do not have to put the white icing if you are using the Premium Icing Sheets. They are a bit thicker and hold the color just fine even when on chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%