Help Client Gave Wrong Date For Cake

Decorating By vaniti716 Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 4:45am by vaniti716

vaniti716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vaniti716 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:24am
post #1 of 7

First of all I would like to let all of you know that I personally admire all of you....you guys are my inspiration and I wish to one day be as great as all of you...

I am very new to cake decorating and have encountered my first real issue...my client had asked me to do a Hannah Montana Cake for a friends daughter due this friday....so I baked the cake today and have it crumb coated in the freezer...

well I just received a text message where she is telling me that the cake is actually for next friday not this friday...my question is...how long can i keep a cake crumb coated in the fridge or freezer??? or do i have to start a whole new cake? pls help me

6 replies
arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:33am
post #2 of 7

No problem! Just leave it in the freezer, I'm assuming it's wrapped in something. Next week pull it out of the freezer before you go to bed the night before you want to work on it. Don't unwrap it. In the morning it should be thawed, room temp, and ready to go.

Unwrap it and treat it like you would have if you had to make it for this Friday! It'll be fine.

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:36am
post #3 of 7

It cetainly can go in the freezer. Put in a plastic bag. tie shut and freeze. pull out the night before you are going to decorate it. Let thaw in the bag....then take of bag a couple hours before you want to decorate...It will be just fine.

Hope this helps you

vaniti716 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:11am
post #4 of 7

thank u soooo much for the reply......its nt wrapped in anything yet....can i wrap it up now or is it too late???? i didnt wrap it because i was going to work on it tomorrow morning and i normally do not put in the freezer in plastic when i crumb coat the cakes...now i know that its something that can be done but is it too late now??? am i going to have start over?

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:23am
post #5 of 7

It's not too late to wrap it now or in the morning. No need to start over. Now that it's already frozen, you'll be able to wrap it tighter without worries of handling it carefully!

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:24am
post #6 of 7

Nope, do it now - no problem! If you don't have a bag large enough, just use plastic wrap. It should be well frozen by now so you won't cause too much damage. In the end, it's just the crumb coat anyway.

vaniti716 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:45am
post #7 of 7

Thank u sooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%