Omg! Crack In Top Layer Has To Be Done Tomorrow Help!!

Decorating By sweetiepies7 Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 3:20am by psurrette

sweetiepies7 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:50am
post #1 of 5

I have a top layer of a 13x19 cake the bottom chocolate top red velvet put on top layer and it cracked it was chilled but i guess not enough. I am thinking about ganache to put in crack ans seal then chill again??? Any suggestion please!!!

4 replies
mamawrobin Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:51am
post #2 of 5

Why did you "chill" your cake? I never put mine in the refrigerator. I would rebake since it's the top layer if it's a paid order.

sweetiepies7 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:01am
post #3 of 5

I always try to chill because it helps with the crumb coat, it cuts down on the crumbs. A top layer crack is better than a bottom one it is on a good base. I live in a small town dont have ingredients to rebake. Do you not think the ganache will work ?

mamawrobin Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:19am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiepies7

I always try to chill because it helps with the crumb coat, it cuts down on the crumbs. A top layer crack is better than a bottom one it is on a good base. I live in a small town dont have ingredients to rebake. Do you not think the ganache will work ?

I'm not sure. Personally I've never tried to cover up or fill a crack in a cake with icing or ganache.

psurrette Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:20am
post #5 of 5

theres nothing a little buttercream cant glue. fill it in with buttercream
Man the 5 tier cake I did (you can see in my pic) ladyy bug theme the bottom tier had a brocken in half top layer on the 14" cake. You cant tell. And I cut and served the cake and I never saw it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%