Equipment For A Bakery?

Business By cattycornercakes Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 1:46am by leily

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:30am
post #1 of 4

I've searched the forums and can't really find any information. I'm checking into retail space and I'm trying to figure out what equipment I would need for a small bakery. I figure I'd need ovens, refrigeration and mixers...basically what I use at home but on a bigger scale. I've been doing google searches for bakery equipment and I see all different types of ovens. I have no idea what the difference is in these ovens.

I'm hoping some of you that have bakeries can tell me what you have.

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:36am
post #2 of 4

Before you get to far, have you checked with your health department on what they require you to have? In some places if you have an oven with a stove top you HAVE to have a fire suppression system, even if you never use the stove. And there may be certain requirements for some of the other equipment.

If you have then you're a few steps ahead of others i have seen. Unfortunately i have a home based business so i can't help on the commercial equipment. Hopefully someone else that can help will see this.

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:40am
post #3 of 4

Good thing to keep in mind. I've printed out the state information...I need to read it over more closely for those requirements.

thanks!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:46am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattycornercakes

Good thing to keep in mind. I've printed out the state information...I need to read it over more closely for those requirements.

thanks!

Make sure you call your local health department too. Sometimes local (whether city or county) have more strict regulations than the state. Expecially when you get into larger cities or counties with larger cities in them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%