Mario Cake?

Decorating By PJ0207 Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 2:44am by mamawrobin

PJ0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ0207 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:14am
post #1 of 5

I was just requested to make a super mario brothers cake. They want mario coming out of a warp pipe. (therefore it's basically going to be mario's torso only on the top) I was wondering on ways i can make this cake?

-could i just stack round cakes to make the pipe and make mario out of rice cereal treats?
-do i need dowels in the pipe to support it form toppling?

thanks.

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:28am
post #2 of 5

Since mario is a copyrighted character i would only do this cake if it was a gift.

As for the pipe and RKT, that seems like a good plan.
You will need plate (or cardboard circles) and dowels to support the stacked rounds. The rule of thumb is every 4" of vertical cake you have to put in dowels and a plate (you need some sort of support because the cake will NOT support itself - plus a RKT model on top)

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:33am
post #3 of 5

I've been searching the mario cakes on here (I have to do one in July) and saw lots in the gallery like what you have described. i'm sure if you pm'd one of them, they could tell you what worked for them icon_smile.gif

HTH and good luck!

PJ0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ0207 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:42am
post #4 of 5

yeah the cake is for my little cousin as a gift....and i was looking for some pictures on how other decorators...if you still know the links or websites could you please post them. thanks

and thanks for the support tip!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:44am
post #5 of 5

I have a Mario cake in my photos but I don't think it's what you're wanting to do. I absolutely hated doing that cake icon_lol.gif but it's what my grandson wanted. icon_wink.gif

leily is right...supports (cakeboards and dowels) for every 4 vertical inches.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%