Diplmoa For Graduation Cake

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 8:49pm by Lorabell

mindy1204 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make a rolled diploma for a graduation cake. Should I use Fondant, gumpaste or a mix of both.


5 replies
peg818 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 6

I use gumpaste, but you can add tylose to fondant and make it. I just wrap it around a big plastic dowel and let dry for several days if possible.

casme Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:09am
post #3 of 6

I also just use gumpaste that has been rolled very thin. After rolling I just slightly curl the exposed ends.

BlakesCakes Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:09am
post #4 of 6

I made one by coating 3 long pretzel rods in white chocolate and rolled them in white modeling chocolate tied with a fondant ribbon.

The grad ate it and said it was delicious.


hoosierhobbyist Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 6

If you have rice paper, it's works as well, looks a little more like parchment paper and you can paint/write on it.

Lorabell Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 6


I don't think I'd use gumpaste, it will be brittle. I think wraping it in the dowels as previsouly mentioned would work well. Use fondant w/ some tylose sprinkled in.

Good luck,

Quote by @%username% on %date%